A History of Innovation
- Our product innovations are ongoing.
- The Hanz® Cotton Lycra® No-Melt No-Drip glove developed by Hanz Extremity Wear becomes the exemplar for the United States Marines Corps Light Duty Glove Insert.
- The Hanz® Flame Resistant Glove is included as the glove liner for the Army’s Fire Resistant Environmental Ensemble - FREE®.
- Hanz Extremity Wear developed the first glove in its Hanz® line, a flame resistant glove for the United States Marine Corps.
- Hanz Extremity Wear once again set the standard for waterproof protection with the launch of its WaterBlocker socks -- which have a patented in-cuff seal that helps keep feet dry even when they are submerged in water.
- Cole perfected the commissioned waterproof glove - a highly durable, flexible, watertight yet comfortable glove to be used by anyone needing waterproof protection.
- After successful field trials, Hanz Extremity Wear commenced the manufacture of the first fully waterproof sock designed for the recreational industry.
- Cole was presented with an enticing challenge.
With extensive experience working for outside companies in the development of cleanroom materials prior to the days of Hanz Extremity Wear, Cole was provided with an opportunity from an outside manufacturer to independently develop a new and much needed product for the medical clean room industry. Within a few months, Cole delivered a new fabric glove liner made of DuPont fabric that could be used under latex gloves to prevent skin rashes.
Soon after, a competitor approached Mr. Williams to develop a product specifically requested by the corporate giant DuPont. DuPont had been impressed with the fabric glove liners and were eager to work with an inventor with both a passion for developing new ideas as well as the creative ability to manufacture high-quality innovative products.
It was with this request by a DuPont researcher to develop the market’s first fully waterproof glove for the recreational industry that a partnership was born. Cole approached DuPont with the idea of manufacturing a waterproof sock.
- Founded as Danalco, by Cole Williams, Hanz Extremity Wear's original mission was to manufacture high-quality modern glass and plastic picture frames, and for nearly twenty years, Danalco maintained its prominent position in the giftware industry manufacturing decorated glass, modern picture frames and wooden gift items.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
1020 Hamilton Road
Duarte, California 91010
TEL: (800) 868-2629
FAX: (800) 216-9938
Made in the USA
HANZ EXTREMITY WEAR IS A FAMILY-OWNED
CALIFORNIA CORPORATION WITH HEADQUARTERS IN
WASHINGTON STATE, USA.